Item # 504454
Welcome to Ms. Green's classroom where students enjoy solving math problems together!
The delightful read-aloud instructional stories in the three Use Your Math Power titles illustrates students making sense of mathematics. Reading these stories aloud to your class will strengthen your students' math power as they learn to use the 8 Standards for Mathematical Practice as described in the common core. Teacher pages in the back of each title pull it all together for engaging, real-life math lessons. Great for send-home reading or centers, too. 32 pages each, plus a FREE poster!
The Standards for Mathematical Practice:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
• Hatching Butterflies
• Monkeys for the Zoo
• Penguins on Parade
• A FREE 22" x 34" Use Your Math Power Poster