Item # 104034
This unique, manipulative-based kit can help your students develop fluency and comprehension skills through repeated and monitored oral reading, audio-assisted reading, silent reading and pre- and post-reading hands-on activities. Includes fiction and non-fiction texts and activities for multiple learning styles. Up to six students can use the materials simultaneously. Lessons allow you to measure fluency and reinforce comprehension, and are great for guided reading groups, intervention programs and small group activities. Designed specifically for young readers able to tackle longer books, with grade appropriate text and illustrations. This kit begins with simple stories and strong picture-text match, to more challenging, longer text.
- Instruction & Activity Book (64 pages), including activities, fluency assessment tests, reader's theatre and more
- Flip book (28 pages) with pre- and post-reading fluency and comprehension activities
- 6 pouches of 59 Reading Rods®
- 6 teacher storybooks (three 12-page books and three 16-page books)
- 36 student storybooks (same as teacher stories)
- Audio CD of all stories
- Primary Timer (with optional 60-second beep cycle for measuring fluency).
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – SMALL PARTS. Not for children under 3 yrs.