Item # 102039
Limited quantities available!
Fourth grade students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons. This new edition has been completely updated to support Common Core methodology and skill practice, and includes:
• Practice of the Conventions of Standard English and Vocabulary Acquisition and Use for grade 1
• Using language in the context of writing and reading
• Increased practice of academic and idiomatic vocabulary
• Exposure to sentences from all Common Core writing types (informational, narrative, and opinion/argument)
How it works
Daily Language Review follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide two sentence-editing exercises and two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills. On day 5, a full-page activity provides more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences.
36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
• Grammar and usage
• Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
• Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
• Acquired vocabulary (e.g., using conjunctions to show relationships)
Features and benefits:
• Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
• The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
• A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
• Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
• A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary